What is racial discrimination?
Racial discrimination can occur when a job applicant or employee receives unfavorable treatment from an employer (or potential employer) based on characteristics associated with race. More information is available on the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission website Racial discrimination can include actions or statements relating to, for example, the texture of one’s hair, skin color, defining facial features, etc. Sadly, this type of discrimination also takes place due to a lack of cultural sensitivity. Since racial discrimination law is not always simple and straightforward, victims in the Los Angeles area would do well to consult trusted and experienced racial discrimination lawyers in Los Angeles for a case evaluation.
While each case reviewed by racial discrimination lawyers in Los Angeles is unique, here are five things to keep in mind:
1. Racial discrimination is not limited to discrimination on the basis of race against minorities only. People of every race and color are protected under the law.
2. An employee in Los Angeles can and should seek counsel from racial discrimination lawyers in Los Angeles regardless of whether he or she has a viable legal case.
3. There are two general methods of proving race discrimination: disparate treatment (which normally involves intentional action against the employee) and disparate impact (which occurs where policies, practices, rules or other systems that appear to be neutral result in a disproportionate impact on a protected group).
4. Don’t be scared to speak up. Good racial discrimination lawyers in Los Angeles, understand that victims of race discrimination are often fearful of making waves. Experienced counsel can guide the employee through what might otherwise be an intimidating process, in a tactful and diplomatic manner which is most likely to lead to the desired outcome.
5. You don’t always need file a lawsuit. In some cases, litigation cannot be avoided, but our racial discrimination lawyers in Los Angeles at the Akopyan Law Firm, A.P.C. always look for ways to avoid litigation if possible.
Akopyan Law Firm, the experienced choice
We are proud to have recovered millions for our clients. Contact us today to learn how we can help you. For victims who need racial discrimination lawyers in Los Angeles, Akopyan Law Firm A.P.C. is here to help.