Do you suspect that the reason you were fired was wrongful? Do you wonder if your employer fired you for reasons that are illegal? If you have been fired from your job and you are wondering if you have any recourse, then you should consult with a wrongful termination employment lawyer as soon as possible. The lawyers at the Akopyan Law Firm are excellent wrongful termination employment lawyers that serve employees in Burbank, Glendale, and Los Angeles.
What is Wrongful Termination?
Wrongful termination involves situations where employees are fired from their job for reasons that are unlawful. Consulting with a wrongful termination employment lawyer is the best course of action if you suspect you have been wrongfully terminated.
Examples of wrongful termination in California can include:
• Termination based on the employee’s legally protected characteristics like for example pregnancy, race, age, disability or sexual orientation.
• Termination based on the employee’s engagement in a protected activity like, for example, when an employer fires an employee in retaliation to the employee filing a whistleblower complaint.
• Termination based on the employee’s refusal to commit an illegal act at work.
These are just some examples of wrongful termination. There are countless other ways in which an employee’s termination can be wrongful in the legal sense. A wrongful termination employment lawyer can discuss your own personal situation and advise you accordingly.
How to Know if You Have Been Wrongfully Terminated
The best way to know if you have been wrongfully terminated is to consult with a wrongful termination employment lawyer. Most wrongful termination law firms operate on a contingency fee basis, which means that they do not require payment of legal fees up front. This means that generally there is no fee for the initial consultation, and legal fees are generally based on a percentage of what they recover.
Steps to Take
1) Before you meet with a wrongful termination employment lawyer, try to gather as much evidence as you have. This includes pay stubs, contracts, employment letters, and your final termination paperwork. Your legal team will be able to assess your situation more accurately if you bring as much information as you can to your first meeting.
2) Next, choose the right wrongful termination employment lawyer. The Akopyan Law Firm serves wrongfully terminated employees throughout Southern California, including Burbank, Glendale, and Los Angeles. They fight fiercely for justice on behalf of their clients, and they have many years of experience in wrongful termination law.
3) Be honest with your wrongful termination employment lawyer. Do the best you can to accurately tell them about your termination experience. They can only help you if they know the full story.
Choosing the Best Wrongful Termination Employment Lawyer
The lawyers at the Akopyan Law Firm are among the best wrongful termination employment lawyers in Southern California, including Burbank, Glendale, and Los Angeles. They believe in protecting the rights of people who have experienced wrongful termination.