Car Accident Attorneys in Burbank

Providing Caring & Capable Representation

No one should have to suffer injuries because of someone else’s negligence and not receive fair compensation. Have you been in a car accident that was someone else’s fault? Act now to hold them accountable with help from a Burbank car accident lawyer at The Akopyan Law Firm.

Our auto accident law firm is dedicated to protecting the rights and interests of accident victims. We will work tirelessly to determine how much compensation you deserve for your injuries, medical bills, missed work, loss of income, pain and suffering, and other damages after a crash. We’ve won millions in the past – find out what we can do for you!

Call (818) 509-9975 or contact us online today for a FREE case evaluation!

Car Accident Claim FAQ

If someone runs me over by accident, are they responsible for my injuries?

It depends. Every person who operates motor vehicles owes a general duty of due care and is responsible for an injury caused by their failure to exercise ordinary care or skill in the management of their vehicle. Therefore, if the person who hits you was not paying attention to where they were going (such as, if they were looking at their phone and texting instead of looking at the road ahead), then they would be responsible for your injuries. If, on the other hand, the car malfunctioned and caused the injury, the fault may not be attributable to the driver. You should contact a knowledgeable car accident attorney in Burbank to learn more about your rights and your specific situation.

I was injured by a negligent and careless driver; what kinds of things can I be compensated for under the law?

An individual who has suffered harm at the hands of a negligent driver is eligible for compensation to “be made whole.” This means that the compensation would cover the costs of everything needed to restore you back to your pre-injury condition, or as close as possible.

Compensation may cover a vast range of things, including:

  • Lost wages
  • Medical bills
  • Pain and suffering
  • Damaged property
  • Hospitalization fees
  • Disability-related expenses
  • Lost income-earning abilities

Essentially, compensation may be used to cover tangible things like medical bills as well as non-tangible things like pain and suffering. To learn what types of compensation may be available in your specific situation, contact the Akopyan Law Firm right away for a complimentary case evaluation.

What should I do if I’m hurt in a car accident?

If you have been injured in a car accident, you should take the following steps:

  • First, you should visit a doctor. By visiting a licensed medical professional, you can tend to your injuries and help detect any underlying injuries that may not have made themselves apparent yet. Certain injuries, like concussions or internal bleeding, may not make themselves known until hours or even days after the accident. Also, a doctor will be able to officially document your injuries, giving you invaluable evidence in the event you wish to pursue a personal injury claim.
  • Second, you should collect as much information about the accident as you can. You should take notes about the accident as soon as possible before you forget the smaller details. If there were witnesses to the accident, make sure you get their names and contact information. Also, make sure that you take photographs and videos of the scene of the accident.
  • Lastly, consult a car accident attorney in Burbank right away. This should be done before giving any type of statement to the other driver’s insurance company or even your own. An attorney can inform you of your rights and all your available legal options. Furthermore, a lawyer can protect your rights and ensure you are not taken advantage of by the insurance companies.

What should I do if I get a call from the other driver’s insurance company?

You are not legally obligated to speak with the other driver’s insurance company and it is highly recommended that you refrain from doing so. In a vast majority of these types of cases, the insurance companies try to pay out as little money as possible. They will try to get you to accidentally incriminate yourself, thereby decreasing the other driver’s liability and the amount they would have to pay you. Instead, you should inform the other driver’s insurance company that your auto accident attorney will contact them. In doing so, you protect yourself and, potentially, your right to compensation.

The other driver’s insurance adjuster is asking for my recorded statement, what should I do?

You are not legally obligated to give a recorded statement to the other driver’s insurance company and we highly recommend that you do not. Oftentimes, insurance company adjusters will ask complicated questions that are intended to cause the plaintiff to accidentally incriminate themselves. Even if you are simply trying to explain your side of the story, anything you say can and probably will be used against you in the future. Instead of communicating with the other driver’s insurance company, you should let them know that your auto accident attorney will be contacting them. In doing so, you protect yourself from accidentally incriminating yourself.

If I think the accident was my fault, should I say so?

No. You should never admit fault even if you believe that you are to blame. This is because the other party may be more at fault than you realize. Especially in car accidents – where drivers are frequently negligent due to fatigue, distractions, and intoxication – it is never a good idea to admit to any type of fault. While it is highly recommended that you comply with law enforcement officers, you should keep in mind that anything you say can and will be used against you.

If the person who hit me was driving someone else’s car they borrowed, do I have any rights against the owner of the car?

Yes. In California, the owner of a motor vehicle is vicariously liable for injuries resulting from the wrongful operation of the vehicle by any person using it with the owner’s express or implied permission. Additionally, if the owner entrusts his or her car to someone who the owner knew, or under the circumstances should have known, was not competent or fit to drive, the owner can be liable for negligent entrustment.

If I get injured by a commercial vehicle, do I have any rights against the company?

Under “respondeat superior,” an employer may be financially and legally liable for an employee’s actions that were committed during their employment. The employer is responsible for the employee’s wrongful acts even if the employer was responsible in hiring the employee or supervising their conduct. Therefore, if the person who was driving the commercial vehicle was acting within the course of employment, then you may have a claim against the company under the legal doctrine of “respondeat superior.”

I was injured by a teenage drunk driver; do I have any rights against anyone other than the driver?

Anyone who supplies alcohol to an underage individual may be held liable for any injuries caused by the intoxicated individual. A guardian, adult friend, or parent may all be liable for providing alcohol to the minor, especially if they were aware the defendant was under 21 years old.

Have more questions about your rights after an accident? Call (818) 509-9975 to get answers from a car accident lawyer in Burbank.

Areas Served:

We provide legal help to victims of car accidents in the following cities and counties:
Arleta, Burbank, Chatsworth, Eagle Rock, Encino, Glendale, Glassell Park, Granada Hills, Highland Park, Hollywood, Hollywood Hills, La Canada Flintridge, La Crescenta, Lake Balboa, Los Angeles, Los Feliz, North Hills, North Hollywood, Northridge, Pacoima, Panorama City, Porter Ranch, Reseda, San Fernando, Sherman Oaks, Silver Lake, Studio City, Sun Valley, Sunland, Sylmar, Tarzana, Toluca Lake, Tujunga, Valley Glen, Valley Village, Van Nuys, Winnetka, Woodland Hills
Los Angeles County, Orange County, Riverside County, San Bernardino County, San Diego County, Ventura County
Zip Codes:
90026, 90027, 90029, 90031, 90032, 90039, 90041, 90042, 90046, 90065, 90068, 90069, 91020, 91040, 91046, 91201, 91202, 91203, 91204, 91205, 91206, 91207, 91208, 91214, 91303, 91304, 91306, 91307, 91316, 91324, 91325, 91326, 91330, 91331, 91335, 91340, 91343, 91344, 91345, 91352, 91356, 91364, 91402, 91403, 91405, 91406, 91423, 91436, 91501, 91502, 91504, 91505, 91506, 91521, 91522, 91523, 91601, 91602, 91604, 91605, 91606, 91607, 91608