Pregnancy is an exciting time, but it can be a little nerve-wrecking. Some concerns are very obvious, like for example concerns about health, and concerns about finances. Others are not, like for example concerns about how a pregnancy will affect one’s job. State and federal laws protect employees against pregnancy discrimination. Pregnancy discrimination lawyers in Los Angeles are available for employees with questions about pregnancy discrimination.
Types of Pregnancy Discrimination In the Workplace
Pregnancy discrimination in the workplace can arise in many different forms. For example, an employee may experience any one or more of the following:
• An employee’s hours are cut after the employer discovers the employee is pregnant;
• An employee is fired because the employee is pregnant;
• An employee is denied a reasonable accommodation for the pregnancy, necessary to permit the employee continue working;
• An employee is demoted because she is pregnant;
• An employee is denied a promotion or a raise because she is pregnant;
• An employer tries to force an employee to quit after finding out that the employee is pregnant;
• An employee is denied time off for pregnancy-related medical appointments or complications requiring time off.
This of course is not a complete list of all the different ways pregnancy discrimination in the workplace can manifest itself. If you are in Southern California, and have concerns about pregnancy discrimination you may want to call a pregnancy discrimination lawyer in Los Angeles for advice. A pregnancy discrimination lawyer in Los Angeles should be able to quickly analyze all the federal, state, and local laws that may apply to your specific situation and give you practical advice for dealing with your employer.
When to Call A Pregnancy Discrimination Lawyer in Los Angeles
If you are an employee in Southern California, the first thing you should do if you suspect that you are being discriminated against at work because of pregnancy is to contact an experienced employment lawyer. Working with an experienced pregnancy discrimination lawyer in Los Angeles can help relieve a lot of the stress you may feel about potentially losing your job because of your pregnancy. Pregnancy discrimination lawyers can be most effective when they are armed with all of the specific facts, details, documents, and information. Do not leave anything out. A pregnancy discrimination lawyer in Los Angeles will likely have questions specific to your situation, but it is always helpful to have a timeline and documents ready before your initial consultation.
It can be very scary to face pregnancy discrimination. That is why it is so important to contact the best pregnancy discrimination lawyer in Los Angeles. The Akopyan Law Firm helps folks in Burbank, Glendale and Los Angeles. We can help you understand your rights and provide practical guidance when you need it most.