The age at which an employee chooses to retire should be up to them, but sometimes an employee can feel squeezed out. Five common themes we often see in age discrimination cases include:
1. As the employee nears retirement age, the company disengages and does not promote, give raises to, or includes the employee in meetings.
2. Supervisors put undue pressure on the aging employee to strongly consider retirement. These conversations are typically not initiated by the employee.
3. The company conducts layoffs which “coincidentally” affects older workers.
4. Older employees are methodically replaced by younger employees.
5. Employees of retirement age are sidelined.
Is it Age Discrimination?
It is difficult to determine if what a particular employee has gone through is age discrimination.. Instead of trying to figure it out on their own employees in Glendale, Burbank and Los Angeles can seek help from the Akopyan Law Firm A.P.C. which is the age discrimination lawyer in Los Angeles of choice for many, because simply put the firm gets results.
Why Choose Akopyan Law Firm A.P.C. as an Age Discrimination Lawyer in Los Angeles?
Akopyan Law Firm A.P.C. hass the age discrimination lawyer in Los Angeles employees count on because we devote our practice to employment law. This area of law is our focus and our passion. We offer a complementary case evaluation and contingency fee-based services to ensure access to justice for employees in need of legal help. Our testimonials speak to our caring but firm approach.
When employees need an age discrimination lawyer in Los Angeles, they are welcomed to call the Akopyan Law Firm. A.P.C. for help. Contact us today.