What is Racial Discrimination?
Under both federal and California law, employers are prohibited from discriminating against employees based on their race. Employers cannot lawfully discriminate against employees based on their race, color, or national origin. When faced with race-based discrimination or harassment, employees in Southern California can contact Akopyan Law Firm A.P.C. to speak with experienced racial discrimination lawyers in Los Angeles.
Some examples of actions and/or omissions which may show race based animus can include the following things among others:
- Treating employees worse in terms of the terms and conditions of employment, based on race, color, or national origin.
- Refusing to hire job applicants based on their race, color, or national origin, even if they are qualified for the job.
- Terminating employees’jobs based on race, color, or national origin.
- Denying deserved promotions based on the employee’s race, color, or national origin.
- Harassing workers based on race, color, or national origin.
How Do Racial Discrimination Lawyers in Los Angeles Help?
It is important for employers to understand that both federal and California laws prohibit discrimination based on race, color, and national origin. Therefore, if an employer takes action against an employee based on his or her race, color, or national origin, that employee may have a case which would entitle him or her to compensation and the recovery of money damages. Employment law is complex, especially in the nuanced field of employment discrimination. Every situation is unique, and no two cases are ever exactly the same. Therefore, when a case is contemplated, it is crucially important for employees to consult racial discrimination lawyers in Los Angeles for help.
Akopyan Law Firm, A.P.C. is a highly respected, experienced employment firm with racial discrimination lawyers in Los Angeles fighting for employee rights. Contact us today for a complimentary consultation. We strive to protect our clients’ rights every step of the way and we will fight aggressively on your behalf. View our testimonials and case results, then contact us to learn more.