The Fair Employment and Housing Act (“FEHA”) provides protections to most employees in California, and prevents employers from harassing, discriminating against, or otherwise taking adverse employment action against an employee based on his or her disability. What is more, the FEHA requires employers to provide accommodation to disabled employees.
To find out more about your rights, you may wish to speak with a lawyer that is experienced in the field of disability discrimination law. The disability discrimination lawyers at the Akopyan Law Firm, A.P.C. have years of experience protecting the rights of disabled employees. They are based in Burbank but provide services throughout Southern California, including Glendale and Los Angeles.
How Can a Disability Discrimination Lawyer Near Me Help?
Working with the right lawyer can help you understand your rights and come up with a plan of action that is designed to accomplish your specific goals, whether it is to secure an accommodation, protect your job, or file suit. An experienced disability discrimination lawyer can tell you if your condition is a qualifying disability within the meaning of the Fair Employment and Housing Act. Our team of disability discrimination lawyers fight to enforce the rights of disabled employees. If you suspect you are may have been discriminated against at work because of a disability, speak with an experienced lawyer as soon as possible.
What to Look for in a Great Law Firm
When you are looking online for a “disability discrimination lawyer near me,” make sure you keep the following tips in mind:
• Look for employment lawyers and/or law firms with substantial experience in the field of disability discrimination law.
• Carefully read reviews of the law firms that you are considering. Find out what people are saying about them. Are they easy to work with? Do they get excellent results? Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
• When you are searching for a “disability discrimination lawyer near me,” find out how the law firms you find take cases on a contingency fee basis. The Akopyan Law Firm, A.P.C. represents employees on a contingency fee basis. That means we get paid a percentage of the recovery we deliver.
• After narrowing down your choices for a discrimination lawyer in your area, make an appointment to find out how a potential law firm can help you. Choose a law firm that makes you feel confident that they will fight for your rights.
• When you search for a “disability discrimination lawyer near me,” look for a law firm that has a solid track record of success.
We invite you to contact the Akopyan Law Firm to see how we can help.